In order to sync with Pivotal Tracker (PT) you need to set up a connection between your story map to a Pivotal Tracker project. You need to be a Story map Admin in StoriesOnBoard and a member or owner in the PT project you’d like to sync with.
Connect your story map to a Pivotal Tracker project
I assume that you already have a story map and a project in PT. Please create them if they are not exist yet. I’m using the MapShop sample map in this guide.
1. In StoriesOnBoard open the story map and from there open Board settings
2. On Tool integration tab select Pivotal Tracker and provide your PT API token or your username and password and click on connect
3. Select the Pivotal Tracker project you’d like to sync with and click on Link project
4. Select which fields you’d like to sync with PT
If sync name and description changes are checked, when a title or description changes in PT or on your story map, the changes will be also visible in the other system.
5. Allow importing of new stories from Pivotal Tracker for story map collaborators
If checked, a new menu appears on the board where non-admin collaborators can also import new stories from Pivotal Tracker.
6. Connect your map with the Pivotal Tracker project by saving the settings. A confirmation will be asked, because after establishing the connection to a PT project, the cards’ statuses will be set by the connected PT stories statues, which means you won’t be able to change them on the board and now they are all being reset to “Todo”.
7. If the connection is established, you’ll see the following message on the top of the settings dialog:
There you can
- disable integration temporarily, if you don’t want to send new cards to PT or sync their statuses, title and description for a while in either of the systems.
- unlink board, if you’d like to connect your story map to another project in PT (selecting another project will delete connections between StoriesOnBoard cards and PT stories!)
- disconnect Pivotal Tracker, if you’d like to connect to PT with another user or connect to a different tool like JIRA or Trello.
Congratulations! Your story map is connected to a Pivotal Tracker project.